The policies for volunteers/students are as follows:
- Confidentiality is very important to all of our patients and families. Names and diagnosis are not to be used outside of the facility.
- PTS, Inc. will accept one volunteer per discipline (physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy) at a time.
- Volunteers may not be able to observe each therapy session, due to comfort levels of patients and families. Please check with treating therapist before observing a session.
- Be prepared to interact with the patient as you may be asked to assist during the therapy session. Please dress accordingly.
- Please do not ask if questions arise, please wait until after the session to ask therapist. For respect of patient, please to not ask questions in front them as this can be disruptive to the session.
- All volunteers/students (especially those with 25 hours or more of observation) will be expected to assist with cleaning and/or clerical tasks. Therapist or volunteer coordinator will assign tasks.
- Volunteers/students are responsible for keeping an updated log of their own hours.
- Volunteers/students must be able to attend an orientation meeting prior to observation.
- You will be asked to fill out a background study.
If you have any questions please call us at (507) 388-5437.